1. Download the Easy Deck file, which will be accessible from your “My Account” page.
2. Unzip and extract the Easy Deck folder from the file (it doesn’t matter where you extract the file to, just remember where you put it…I recommend the desktop) with any unzipping program (Winzip or I use 7-Zip, which can be downloaded for free here.) I use the .msi version of 7-Zip but I don’t think that it matters.
3. Locate your “PokerStars” folder (default is usually C drive-> Program Files) and open the “Gx” folder. Go to the Easy Deck folder and open the “gx” folder. Copy the “gx.ini” text file and paste it into the PokerStars “Gx” folder, copying and replacing the “gx.ini” that should already be in there.
4. Still in the PokerStars “Gx” folder, click on “chips&deck” and then “deck.” Now, I’d start by going to the Easy Deck folder and clicking on “cardbacks.” Copy the 3 files in there and paste them into the PokerStars “Default” deck, copying and replacing the files that are already in there. Now we have our card backs installed!
5. With our gx.ini and cardbacks installed, now we have to decide what version of the Easy Deck that we want to play with and get the folders and files from the Easy Deck folder (our options are Grey Spades-T, Grey Spades-10, Yellow Spades-T and Yellow Spades-10). Start by deciding between Grey and Yellow Spades and click on the option that you prefer. Now, before we decide on “T or 10,” open up the “preview” folder and copy the preview files. Paste the preview files in the “preview” folder that’s within the PokerStars “deck” folder. Preview images set (In the picture example we’re copying and pasting the preview for the Yellow Spades)!
6. Decide between the “T” or “10” that will be used for the “ten.” Open your preferred folder and copy the “simple” folder. Now, go back to the PokerStars “deck” folder and delete the existing “simple” folder (IMPORTANT: Delete the folder and don’t copy and replace, otherwise the folders will merge and things won’t work as they should). You are now all set to play with the Easy Deck (In the picture example we’re selecting Yellow Spades with a “T” for the ten)!
7. This is very important: You must open PokerStars through the PokerStars.exe file (located in the PokerStars folder-unhide file extensions to see it, although it may be the only application labelled “PokerStars” there anyways), otherwise the changes that we just made will be overwritten. I’d recommend making the PokerStars.exe file a shortcut on your desktop to save time opening the client from now on.
On the other hand, if you’d like to restore the default decks and themes, simply open the “PokerStarsUpdate.exe” and accept the update and that should do the trick! If you’d like to update your client, go ahead and do it and just repeat the Easy Deck installation steps to get it back afterwards (Barring the updates didn’t make something incompatible).
8. If you’d like to change the version of the Easy Deck, leave the “gx.ini” and “cardbacks” that we already installed and just replace the “simple” folder that we pasted in PokerStars-decks with the new “simple” folder from the Easy Theme folder. Also replace the old previews with the new ones as well (For example, if we wanted to change from Yellow-T to Grey-10, we would delete the “Yellow-T simple folder” from the PokerStars->Deck folder and replace it with the simple folder from the Easy Deck->Grey Spades-> Grey-10 folder).
Nova Custom Spacing (See Easy Deck Gallery for picture): If you play on the Nova Theme and would like my Easy Theme custom spacing for the cardbacks, just copy the gx.ini text file from Easy Deck->Nova Theme Card Backs Spacing and paste it in PokerStars->Themes->Nova->Green and replace the existing gx.ini (or delete the existing one and paste the new one).
Please let me know if you have any questions or problems and I’ll be happy to help. Enjoy the Easy Deck!
Alright, feel free to contact me about any problems that you may have but otherwise enjoy the deck!